By clicking SEND you accept our Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Are you an Aussie Plumber with a hidden talent? Then enter our competition for a chance to win a share of $15,000!
Who is eligible to enter
Entry is open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are licensed plumbers, or apprentice licensed plumbers, in Australia.
Contestants may perform as a solo act, duet or a group. A person may only appear in one act.
The competition is not open to professional entertainers. You will be deemed a professional entertainer if you have been compensated in any way for any talent performance.
How you can enter
Simply visit Rheem’s Facebook page, click the link to Rheemhiddentalents.com, provide the requested details, accept these terms and upload a video or photo(s) of you performing your talent. Uploaded files must be submitted in .mp4 format, must not be longer than 5 minutes and must not exceed 100MB file size.
All performances must be appropriate for family viewing and listening, and must not contain any content which, in the opinion of our Judging Panel, is objectionable, offensive or inappropriate, or not in the spirit of the contest. Any performance that does not comply with these requirements is subject to disqualification.
Contestants who want to submit an entry in the “Singing” category may sing:
a) an original composition; or
b) a song whose composer (or composers) has been dead for more than 70 years; or
c) a song that doesn’t fall within paragraphs a or b, but if you choose a song that doesn’t fall within one of those paragraphs, Rheem will have to obtain the permission of the publisher of that song, and that permission might not be forthcoming. (If we can’t get permission, we won’t be able to use your performance, but we will ask you if you would like to submit a new entry performing a song which does fall within paragraphs a or b).
Contestants will be responsible for all content they submit. Rheem may decline to upload to its Facebook page any content or may remove any content without notice for any reason and without giving reasons. Contestants warrant and agree that:
they will be the owner of the copyright in the Video;
they will not submit any content that is unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or objectionable;
their content will not contain viruses or other harmful code;
use of the Video and their content will not breach any intellectual property, moral, privacy, publicity or other rights of any person;
they consent to any use of the content which may otherwise infringe their moral rights under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
8. Contestants who’s performance is included in the Grand Final must not, during the period commencing at the time and on the date they upload their video to the website up to the Grand Final and 6 months after that:
a) endorse or promote; or
b) participate in any activity, or permit the contestant's likeness to be used, to endorse or promote,any product or brand which is competitive with any Rheem product or Rheem brand.
How the competition will operate.
9.The competition starts on 1st August, 2022 and performances can be uploaded until 11.59pm EST on 16th Sptember, 2022.
10. Every performance that is featured on the Rheem Facebook page will receive a $100 BWS e-voucher.
11. We will showcase the best performances in three "best of" shows on our Facebook page (subject to us receiving a sufficient number of performances). The "best of" shows will premiere on 23 August, 5 September and 18 September 2022. Rheem has no obligation to select any contestant’s performance to appear in a “best of” show in its sole and absolute discretion. The public can vote for their favourite performance by logging into their Facebook account and “commenting” their favourite entry on the official Rheem Facebook post. Public voting for each "best of" winner will open at 12pm and close two days later 12pm. Each person will be entitled to one vote each best of show.
12. The performances of each "best of" winner (as chosen by our Judging Panel and the public, according to the process described below) will be shown during the Grand Final which will be streamed live on Rheem Australia's Facebook Page on Monday 3 October 2022. During the Grand Final show, the public can vote for their favourite performance by “commenting” their favourite act via Facebook. Each person will be entitled to one vote.
13. The Grand Final winner will be chosen by our Judging Panel and public vote in accordance with these terms and will win a share of $15,000, split five ways:
a) Winner: $5,000
b) Runner Up: $4,000
c) Third Place: $3,000
d) Fourth Place: $2,000
e) Fifth Place: $1,000
14. The Judging Panel will consist of 3 members: Shane Jacobsen, a member of the entertainment industry and a representative from Rheem.
15. The winners of each "best of" show and the winner of the Grand Final will be determined by a combination of the decision of the Judging Panel and voting by the public as follows:
Contestants will be judged by the Judging Panel on the following criteria:
Originality 15 points
Personality 15 points
Talent 20 points
Overall performance 25 points
Each Contestant will also be allocated out of 25 points the percentage of the public vote they received against the other contestants in their “best of” show or the Grand Final as the case may be, for a possible total of 100 points.
16. In the event of any tie in the voting, Shane Jacobsen will determine the winner.
Confirmation of eligibility and
17. Rheem reserves the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable time could result in disqualification from the competition.
18. All personal details and information requested by Rheem of each contestant must be accurate and complete.
19. By entering, each contestant assigns the copyright in the Video to Rheem and grants Rheem a royalty and fee free right to use their performance, name, likeness, and image for future advertising, promotion and publicity in any manner and in any medium now known or later devised in perpetuity. Rheem may edit any performance in any way. The winner also agrees to make such public appearances for promotional purposes (at Rheem’s cost) as Rheem may reasonably request.
20. Contestants agree to do all things reasonably requested by Rheem to enable Rheem to exercise and further assure the rights and consents granted under these terms, including signing a copyright assignment in favour of Rheem.
21. All decisions and interpretation regarding the competition, its rules, and the selection of the weekly and Grand Final winners are solely with the Judging Panel and Rheem and are final.
23. Contestants agree that they participate in this competition at their own risk and agree that Rheem will not be liable to any contestant for any damage or loss or injury to the contestant or the contestant’s property arising out of or in connection with their participation in this competition or their attendance at the Grand Final or their travel to and from that Grand Final.
24. Any tax liability arising out of participating in this competition is the sole responsibility of the contestant.
25. Except as otherwise expressly stated in these rules, contestants are responsible for all costs related to participating in this competition.
26. Nothing in these terms excludes, restricts or modifies any consumer guarantee, right or remedy conferred by the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable law that cannot be lawfully excluded, restricted or modified by agreement. All other terms, warranties, guarantees, rights or liability which would otherwise be implied or apply to these terms are excluded. To the extent permitted by law, in respect of goods or services that are not of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption, Rheem's liability is limited, at its option, to:
a) in the case of goods, replacing or repairing the goods or supplying equivalent goods, or paying for the cost of replacing or repairing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods;
b) in the case of services, resupplying, or paying the cost of resupplying, the services.
27. To the extent permitted by law, Rheem is not liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss of profits or any indirect or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense arising from or in connection with this competition.
28. These terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales.